Meet Purifii™ by Luminii. A meticulously engineered GUV platform shown to be 99.98%, effective in eliminating the SARS-CoV-2 virus.12 Combining architectural product design and optical expertise, Purifii promotes wellness where health and safety are the highest priority.
With a science-first approach, Luminii’s PURIFII GUV upper-air and surface systems feature state-of-the-art LED optics, field-friendly installation, and minimal maintenance, adapting to environments with ease
Niles, Ill.—February 24, 2021—Luminii, a Chicago-based manufacturer of industry-leading specification-grade architectural LED lighting systems, today announced the launch and availability of the company’s architectural-grade germicidal lighting platform of products and systems branded PURIFII. These LED GUV systems enable the company to capitalize on the scientifically proven ability of UV-C to inactivate pathogens in the air and on surfaces continuously and safely with the goal of supporting health and renewed productivity in highly active, indoor environments.
PURIFII AER W Low-Profile Germicidal Upper Air System
AER W is Luminii’s mercury-free, always-on, contactless, GUV upper air system. Designed for occupied spaces, AER W has been lab tested and verified the percent reduction of SARS-CoV-2 virus in the upper air is 99.98% within 10 minutes.1 It features a streamlined linear profile expertly engineered to support the inactivation of airborne pathogens in high-traffic, indoor environments safely, quickly, and discreetly. Purifii’s AER W systems emit an uninterrupted plane of UV-C light continuously, disinfecting the upper air in just minutes, eliminating viruses and other airborne pathogens that would otherwise circulate within businesses and to the people within them.
AER W incorporates a recessed LED UV source and convective design as well as no moving parts. AER W is protected from environmental dirt and dust particles to ensure maximum performance and operates silently. In addition, the AER W features either an integrated or remote power supply.
PURIFII SURFACE Low-Profile Surface Disinfection System
PURIFII SURFACE is Luminii’s GUV LED surface disinfection product line available starting in Q2. Featuring a discreet linear profile engineered to blend into interior surface areas, SURFACE has been lab tested and its single driver configuration verified to inactivate 99.96% of surface SARS-CoV-2 in as little as one minute.2 The double driver achieved 99.99% reduction in the same time frame. 2 SURFACE system aids in the disinfection of surface pathogens in unoccupied environments supporting the elimination of viruses, bacteria, mold spores, and fungi.
SURFACE can be scaled up or down depending on the space and works in conjunction with the PURIFII control system using multiple and fully redundant safeguards to support the safe use of the GUV system when in use.
The PURIFII SURFACE germicidal GUV System supports businesses’ existing cleaning protocols and features field adjustability, allowing disinfecting power to be highly targeted even after installation. The SURFACE product line is also wet-rated, making it an ideal solution for installations that have direct exposure to water.
“Both PURIFII AER and SURFACE GUV systems were designed to support disinfection in the air and on surfaces quickly and safely, while architecturally blending into interiors with little to no disruption,” said Jeff Parker, Luminii’s CEO. “As practitioners of light, we took special care when crafting the PURIFII platform, creating delicate details, incorporating our optics expertise, and conducting thoughtful and meticulous research throughout the entire process to bring state-of-the-art GUV products to the market.”
Germicidal Lighting Applications Supported by Science
Developed by engineers and scientists with a passion for light, Luminii’s GUV systems incorporate market proven UV-C technology, underscored by advanced third-party testing to ensure PURIFII GUV products are safe and effective in both occupied and unoccupied spaces.12 Luminii’s dedication to product research results in enhanced product knowledge: the PURIFII products have demonstrated strong results in inactivating the SARS-CoV-2 virus on surfaces and in the air.
PURIFII always-on LED GUV systems are also environmentally friendly, helping get businesses, retailers, schools, and public spaces back to the business of living, with additional added benefits, including: no mercury or chemical substance exposure, energy cost savings, less reliance on toxic chemical cleaning, and a touchless system giving people peace of mind in the spaces they occupy.
“We’ve engaged with well-known experts in the field to consult on the science of UV-C disinfection, supporting our own internal research and independent lab testing,” said Mason Barker, Vice President of Product Development for Luminii. “Taking a holistic and scientifically-backed approach to develop the Purifii GUV product line has truly helped us create a groundbreaking product portfolio that seamlessly integrates into the built environment.”
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
PURIFII AER W is available for order while the PURIFII SURFACE SYSTEM will be available starting in Q2 2021. Call ahead for pricing, stock, and general availability. Standard lead times apply.
PURIFII AER W Warranty: 5 years or 20,000hrs (whichever comes first).
Applications include hotels, restaurants, fitness centers, congregate spaces, assisted living, retail, commercial offices, schools, and mass transportation.
AER GUV System: AER W (Wall)
- AER W is an architectural grade, Low-Profile, upper air germicidal system that capitalizes on the proven ability of UV-C supporting the inactivation of airborne pathogens continuously in the air.
- AER W is mercury free, using advanced LED technology that provides an uninterrupted plane of UV-C light continuously, aiding in the disinfection of the upper air.
- Third-party lab testing of the PURIFII AER W system demonstrates air disinfection treatments take as little as 10 minutes to achieve 99.98% reduction in active SARS-CoV-2 virus.1
- AER W pulls air through the fixture for additional sterilization benefits.
- AER W systems are silent and non-disruptive, featuring no moving parts or fans.
- Featuring a recessed LED UV source and convective design, AER W minimizes dirt and dust accumulation, ensuring maximum performance.
- AER W systems adapt to any size environment, working simultaneously even in large spaces.
- AER W is field-friendly and available in 2’ & 4’ intervals supporting a simple installation process and adapting to environments with ease.
Surface GUV System: Surface
- PURIFII SURFACE is an architectural grade, Low-Profile, surface germicidal system that capitalizes on the proven ability of UV-C to inactivate surface pathogens, including on high-touch services.
- PURIFII SURFACE supports the elimination of viruses and other microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi – working in just seconds to help safeguard surfaces that are used on a regular basis.
- PURIFII SURFACE disinfection treatments work in a matter of seconds and show 99.96% effectiveness.2
- Mercury free, utilizing a patent pending optical LED light engine to direct UV-C energy precisely onto specific areas on a surface.
- PURIFII Surface systems work in conjunction with the Purifii Surface Control System.
- Adapts to any size environment, working simultaneously even in large environments.
- Field-friendly and highly adaptable, supporting a simple installation process.
- Features an integrated driver and is available in 30” intervals.
- Factory sealed wet-rated.
Additional profiles to the PURIFII GUV product line will come to market later in the year.
Luminii develops industry-leading, specification-grade LED lighting designed to enhance architecture and create simply brilliant spaces. Luminii equips lighting designers and architecture professionals to bring their visions to life through high-performance, highly modifiable solutions driven by innovation and delivered with simple processes from specification through installation. Luminii is committed to delivering premium lighting products and an experience that is efficient, positive, and memorable. Follow Luminii on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest for more information on products, applications and industry events.
PURIFII is a trademark of Luminii, LLC., Luminii is a registered trademark of Luminii, LLC.
Media members interested in more information regarding PURIFII GUV products or Luminii Commercial products may reach out to the representatives identified below. For all press materials, click here.
Please stay in the know by signing up for our email list and send any questions about our GUV product solutions to email@example.com.
Disclaimers & References
- Independent lab test: Aerosol Upper Air System tests conducted by Innovative Bioanalysis.
- Independent lab test: Surface GUV System tests conducted by Innovative Bioanalysis.
Please reference Luminii’s most recent test data here
PURIFII SURFACE Testing conducted by independent labs shows a 99.99% reduction in SARS-CoV-2 in one minute using Luminii’s UV-C LED light engine on surface applications.
PURIFII® GUV systems are not intended for use as a medical device and are not registered as such. The systems are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
“Disinfection“, “treatment“, and “germicidal“ as used herein are general in nature and not intended to implicate defined regulatory terms.
PURIFII upper air products can be used safely in occupied spaces.
PURIFII Surface products require that a space be 100% unoccupied to be activated to prevent UV harm.