Built in 1921 and expanded in 1932, the historic Old Main Post Office has served Chicago well. Its location in the southwest quadrant of the downtown area has proved especially beneficial since the days when Chicago served as a hub for mail-order business, and remains easily accessible via public transit, making it an ideal locale for the Walgreens workforce, among others. The building recently underwent a complete renovation by Gensler, morphing into a mixed-used hub for business and commerce. Now a newly transformed 200,000-square-foot office space within it awaits the return of thousands of employees.
Click here to read the full story.