Schedule features experts, influencers and interactive CEU sessions at September lighting event for the architectural, specification and design communities
DALLAS – July 6, 2023 – ArchLIGHT Summit, the lighting trade event and educational platform for the architectural, specification and design communities, has announced its schedule of programming and events. The trade event, taking place September 19-20, 2023, will welcome attendees to review new technologies, network, and attend a wide range of CEUs from lighting and design/build thought leaders. The full list of speakers and schedule is now available at https://archlightsummit.com/events/.
Over two days, attendees will have access to more than 25 seminars, discussions, and events offering timely and accredited sessions for lighting solutions, trends, and standards, but also addressing agency dynamics, diversity and inclusion, workplace evolution, and allyship. There will also be plenty of networking and celebrating. Access to the ArchLIGHT Summit show floor is complimentary, and a $50 flat fee will allow attendees access to all education and hospitality events.
“This is a show for amazing products but it’s equally important to unite the industry to connect, learn, and get inspired,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “Our programming includes experts in the field of lighting but also business and social issues that deliver insights for all attendees.”
New for 2023, one of the presentation venues will be conveniently located on the ArchLIGHT Summit show floor. This Light Bites stage will feature shorter, easily digestible sessions and engaging discussions.
Speaker, event, and attraction highlights include:
- ArchLIGHT Summit welcome reception hosted by Women in Lighting + Design (WILD) on Monday, September 18. This event will take place on the top floor of the Dallas World Trade Center, offering spectacular sunset views of downtown Dallas.
- Happy Hour on Tuesday, September 19 sponsored by It is open to all event attendees and exhibitors with food, networking, fun and entertainment and is the kickoff to the “Lovers of Light” Game show.
- “Lovers of Light”, a popular team game show comprised of some of the industry’s leading designers squaring off to debate lighting topics we care about, will follow the Casambi Happy Hour starting at 7:00 pm. Food, open bar, prizes and frivolity are guaranteed for this event benefiting the IALD Education Trust.
- The Dallas Section of IES will host a “Luminaire-Aware” Design Competition on the Light Bites stage on Tuesday, Sept 19th. The competition is free to participate and is based on a format similar to the IES Lighten Up! Luminaire Competition. Themed around sustainability, the name plays off of AWARE, an innovative art installation commissioned exclusively for ArchLIGHT Summit by The Lighting Exchange. This installation is sponsored by Lightly and Prentalux | Cooper Lighting, two brands known for sustainability.
- Tuesday CEU Session Highlights include:
- HOK’s Ben Crawford moderating an AIA Dallas panel discussing the importance of lighting in public spaces. Panelists include 5G Studio’s Yen Ong, lighting designer Scott Oldner and Ryan Companies’ Dana Hamdan, who worked on the AT&T Discovery District project while at Gensler in Dallas.
- Katherine Stekr and Carrie Hawley of HLB Lighting Design will discuss the complexities of color, science and design
- Davidson Norris of Carpenter Norris Consulting will talk about daylighting in the context of the MTA’s Fulton Transit Center in NYC
- Matthew Fracassini of The Lighting Practice Dallas office presents Factoring Sustainability into Your Firm’s Specification Process.
Wednesday’s session highlights a versatile array of sessions for attendees and a dedicated agenda for participating students from regional universities. Wednesday will include designated Student Day with student-oriented versions of the TM-30 and lighting control sessions, a workshop with Light Justice addressing lighting inequity in a local underserved community, as well as a presentation from the IALD Education Trust about the lighting design profession. Students and educators receive complimentary registration to both event days.
- Wednesday CEU Session Highlights include:
- AIA Dallas’ Latinos in Architecture group will present on the Light Bites Stage
- Hayley Kinlaw and Ryon Sommerer of AE Design will explain how to navigate budgets in professional lighting design
- Over both days, lighting designers Tony Esposito and Jason Livingston will present an updated version of their popular TM-30 color rendition demonstrating, illustrating these concepts using different textures and colors, even using live models to express effects on skin tones.
- Another session repeated to ensure capacity will be accommodated will be Shoshanna Segal of Hartranft Lighting Design presenting about tools for successful lighting control specification.
For the second year in a row, the September 19-20 ArchLIGHT Summit will overlap and co-locate with NAILD’s annual Convention, scheduled for September 17-19, as well as Dallas Design Week, September 19-21, which welcomes hundreds of interior designers.
A current list of Association Partners for the 2023 ArchLIGHT Summit includes: American Institute of Architects Dallas Chapter, American Lighting Association, Illuminating Engineering Society Dallas section, Light Justice, International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) Education Trust, Lighting Controls Association, National Association of Innovative Lighting Distributors (NAILD), National Lighting Bureau, North American Coalition of Lighting Industry Queers, and Women in Lighting + Design international and local chapters.
Media Partners for the 2023 ArchLIGHT Summit include: Arc; ARCHITECT; Architectural Products; Architectural SSL; Commercial Construction & Renovation; Designing Lighting; Designer Pages; Edison Report; Energy Watch News; Furniture Lighting & Décor; “Get a Grip on Lighting” Podcast; Inside.Lighting; Light Director; LightNow News; US Lighting Trends and The Lighting Exchange.
For information on Dallas Market Center, visit our website. In addition to hosting ArchLIGHT Summit, Dallas Market Center hosts Lightovation, the largest residential lighting show in North America. The next edition will take place January 10-14, 2024. Keep up-to-date on information about that event by following the Lightovation Facebook pageand joining the Lightovation – Lighting Industry Discussion Group.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers, interior designers, architects, and specifiers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products from exhibitors throughout the year via dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories markets featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers; the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; a new lighting event, ArchLIGHT Summit, for architects, specifiers, and designers; and the largest and most successful open-daily design center. The marketplace is located in the strongest economic zone in the country. In addition, more than 80 percent of Dallas Market Center buyers report that they do not shop other market centers. To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center and ArchLIGHT Summit on social media.